Hi ! My name is Benjamin Huguenin, and I’m a technical artist currently working at Gearbox Studio Quebec.
I mostly specialize in shaders and materials. I also have an interest in tools and procedural generation.
Gearbox Studio Quebec
I worked on several DLCs of Borderland 3 in Unreal Engine :
- Moxxi’s Heist of the Handsome Jackpot
- Guns, Love and Tentacles
- Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck
I was mostly providing support to level artist, helping for some special effects, and monitoring optimization efforts.
Since then, I have mostly been working on implementing tools and materials on an unannounced project.
I worked at Gameloft Montreal for two years, from 2017 to 2019. There, I worked first on Dungeon Hunter Champions as a technical artist in a proprietary engine. My main tasks were to work on and refine shaders, mostly for characters and environments, as well as monitor performances on iOS devices.
I then moved to a prototyping team under Renaud Forestier, working in Unity. I worked on prototyping features for projects such as :
- Overdrive City, a car tycoon game, working on potential mini-games.
- Endless Survival, a survival game, working mostly on shaders and UI for an Alpha version of the game.
- LEGO Star Wars: Castaways, working on the very early concept before production started by producing short videos of potential features.